House debates

Wednesday, 3 June 2015

Questions without Notice

Carbon Pricing

3:04 pm

Photo of Russell BroadbentRussell Broadbent (McMillan, Liberal Party) Share this | Hansard source

My question is to the Minister for the Environment. I refer to an email from Stephen Brockwell, of San Remo Fishermen's Co-Operative, advising that since the repeal of the carbon tax the cost of re-gassing his ice machine has fallen from $360 per kilo to $85 per kilo. Will the minister update the House on how much families and businesses in our communities are saving following the removal of the world's biggest carbon tax, and are there any threats to this approach?

Comments

Tibor Majlath
Posted on 15 Jun 2015 11:30 am (Report this comment)

The list price of R404A before the CT 1 July 2012 was $92.88/kg. As pointed out by S. Mirabella
it went to $377.71/kg as at 9 July 2012 an increase of $284.83 or +307% after CT came in.
Part of that increase was due to the carbon levy of $74.98 or +26%. The other $209.85 or +74%
increase was attributed to 'global supply issues' according to AG Coombs.

Yet I find that Heatcraft was selling R404A (in a two day sale) to trade at $96/kg in August
2013 before the repeal of the CT. We don't know when and why the price fell from $360/kg to
$95/kg other than the implication that it was due to the repeal of the CT. Did the 'supply issue' correct itself?

In any case assuming a carbon price of $25/tonne in 2014-15 the carbon levy on R404A would be 25 x 3260 =
$81,500/tonne or $81.50/kg. So how did that amount or the repeal of the CT by implication reduce the price from $360/kg to $95, if at all?

Tibor Majlath
Posted on 15 Jun 2015 12:09 pm (Report this comment)

Correction to my previous post: should be "$360/kg to $85"

Daan Sophia
Posted on 6 Jan 2018 12:32 pm (Report this comment)

FINANCIAL BREAKTHROUGH

Life indeed is GRACE, I'am Daan Sophia currently in California USA. I would like to share my experience with you guys on how I got a loan of $185,000.00 USD to clear my bank draft and start up a new business. It all started when i lost my home and belongings due to the bank draft I took to offset some bills and some personal needs. I became so desperate and began to seek for funds at all means. Luckily for me I heard a colleague of mine talking about this company, I got interested although i was scared of being scammed, I was compelled by my situation and had no choice than to seek advise from my friend regarding this very company and was given their contact number, getting intouch with them really made me skeptical due to my past experience with online lenders, little did i know this very Company "PROGRESSIVE LOAN INC. was a godsent to me and my family and the entire Internet World, this company has been of great help to me and some of my colleague and today am a proud owner of well organized business and responsibilities are well handled all thanks to Josef Lewis of (progresiveloan@yahoo.com).. So if really you are genuinely in need of a loan either to expand or start up your own business or in any form of financial difficulty, i advise you give Mr Josef Lewis of Progressive loan the opportunity of financial upliftment in your life Email: progresiveloan@yahoo.com OR Call/Text +1(603) 786-7565 and not fall victim of online scam in the name of getting a loan. thanks

Log in or join to post a public comment.