- Contributions must be civil and tasteful
Please be nice to each other. Please respect Representatives and Senators. If you think they have an easy job, you're very, very wrong.
- Please be patient
Users of all ages and abilities may be contributing to OpenAustralia. Also, remember this site is run by a charity and volunteers, so please bear with us if we’re slow to get back to you.
- No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour
Contributions should be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
- No unlawful or objectionable content
Unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
- No spamming or off-topic material
We don't allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don't re-submit your comment to more than one discussion.
- No advertising
At all. Ever. Even subtle stuff.
- Please use your own name if you can
We'd prefer you to use your real name, but understand that for some people this won't be an option – the name you choose will be displayed on the site.
- Don't impersonate others
They tend to get cross. As do we.
- Please don't link to websites you wouldn't want your granny to visit
No porn, no snuff, no filez etc.
- Deliberate misuse of the "report this comment" complaints system is not permitted
If you persist in doing this action may be taken against your account. It's bad form.
- Break these House Rules once, and we'll let you off with a warning.
After that, we reserve the right to get medieval.