Thursday, 9 March 2023
Therapeutic Goods Amendment (2022 Measures No. 1) Bill 2022; In Committee
Katy Gallagher (ACT, Australian Labor Party, Minister for the Public Service) Share this | Hansard source
by leave—I move government amendments (1) to (3) on sheet UD159 together:
(1) Schedule 10, item 1, page 29 (lines 6 to 8), omit subsection 61(13), substitute:
(13) The Secretary is not required to observe any requirements of the natural justice hearing rule in relation to:
(a) releasing information under subsection (5C) if:
(i) the release of the information is in the interests of public health or safety; or
(ii) the information relates to the safety of one or more therapeutic goods; or
(b) releasing information under any other provision of this section.
(2) Schedule 10, item 1, page 29 (line 11), after "this Act", insert "(including this section)".
(3) Schedule 10, item 1, page 29 (after line 11), after subsection 61(14), insert:
(15) For the purposes of subparagraph (13)(a)(i), the release of information is not in the interests of public health or safety if the information:
(a) relates to the quality or efficacy of therapeutic goods; and
(b) does not relate to the safety of the therapeutic goods.
I table a supplementary explanatory memorandum relating to the government amendments moved to this bill.