Tuesday, 22 June 2021
Online Safety Bill 2021, Online Safety (Transitional Provisions and Consequential Amendments) Bill 2021; Second Reading
The question now is that the amendments on sheet 1304 circulated by the opposition be agreed to.
Opposition's circulated amendments—
(1) Page 148 (after line 9), after clause 183, insert:
183A Advisory committees
(1) The Commissioner may, by writing, establish advisory committees to assist the Commissioner in performing any of the Commissioner's functions.
(2) An advisory committee consists of such persons as the Commissioner from time to time appoints to the committee.
(3) The Commissioner may revoke a person's appointment to an advisory committee.
(4) The Commissioner may give an advisory committee written directions as to:
(a) the way in which the committee is to carry out its functions; and
(b) the procedures to be followed in relation to meetings.
(5) An appointment to an advisory committee is not a public office within the meaning of the Renumeration Tribunal Act 1973.
(2) Clause 184, page 148 (line 18), at the end of subclause (2), add:
; (c) the making available of the Consumer Consultative Forum established by the ACMA to assist the Commissioner to perform the Commissioner's functions in relation to matters affecting Australians.
(3) Clause 223, page 170 (after line 16), after paragraph (1)(a), insert:
(aa) a member of an advisory committee established under section 183A;