Thursday, 18 March 2021
Fair Work Amendment (Supporting Australia's Jobs and Economic Recovery) Bill 2021; In Committee
by leave—I move the Pauline Hanson's One Nation's amendments (1) and (2) on sheet 1228 together:
(1) Clause 2, page 2 (table item 1), omit "Sections 1 to 3", substitute "Sections 1 to 4".
(2) Page 3 (after line 11), after clause 3, add:
4 Review of operation of amendments
(1) The Minister must cause a review to be conducted of the operation of the amendments made by this Act.
(2) Without limiting the matters that may be considered when conducting the review, the review must:
(a) consider whether the operation of the amendments made by this Act is appropriate and effective in the context of Australia's changing employment and economic conditions; and
(b) identify any unintended consequences of the amendments made by this Act; and
(c) consider whether amendments to the Fair Work Act 2009 and the Fair Work (Transitional Provisions and Consequential Amendments) Act 2009, or any other legislation, are necessary to:
(i) improve the operation of the amendments made by this Act under paragraph (a); or
(ii) rectify any unintended consequences identified under paragraph (b).
(3) The review must start as soon as practicable after the end of 12 months after this section commences.
(4) The persons who conduct the review must give the Minister a written report of the review within 6 months of the commencement of the review.
(5) The Minister must cause a copy of the report of the review to be tabled in each House of the Parliament within 15 sitting days of that House after the Minister receives the report.
The CHAIR: The question is that the motion, as moved by Senator Roberts, that amendments (1) and (2) on sheet 1128, by leave moved together, be agreed to.