Thursday, 14 May 2020
Days and Hours of Meeting
by leave—I move:
(1) That the days of meeting of the Senate for the remainder of 2020 be as follows:
Wednesday, 10 June to Friday, 12 June
Monday, 15 June to Thursday, 18 June
Tuesday, 4 August to Thursday, 6 August
Monday, 10 August to Thursday, 13 August
Monday, 24 August to Thursday, 27 August
Monday, 31 August to Thursday, 3 September
Tuesday, 6 October to Thursday, 8 October
Monday, 9 November to Thursday, 12 November
Monday, 30 November to Thursday, 3 December
Monday, 7 December to Thursday, 10 December.
(2) That estimates hearings by legislation committees for the remainder of 2020 be scheduled as follows:
2020-21 Budget estimates:
Monday, 19 October to Thursday, 22 October, and, if required, Friday, 23 October (Group A)
Monday, 26 October to Thursday, 29 October, and, if required, Friday 30 October (Group B)
(3) That cross portfolio estimates hearings on Indigenous matters and on Murray-Darling Basin Plan matters be scheduled for Friday, 23 and 30 October, but not restricted to these days.
(4) That the committees consider the proposed expenditure in accordance with the allocation of departments and agencies to committees agreed to by the Senate.
(5) That committees meet in the following groups:
Environment and Communications
Finance and Public Administration
Legal and Constitutional Affairs
Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport
Education and Employment
Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade.
(6) That the committees report to the Senate on Tuesday, 17 November 2020 in respect of the 2020-21 Budget estimates.