Thursday, 14 November 2019
Consideration by Estimates Committees
I seek leave to amend government business notice of motion No. 2 standing in Senator Ruston's name for today, relating to estimates hearings for 2020, by omitting 'Friday, 6 February' in paragraph (2) and substituting 'Friday, 6 March'.
I move the motion as amended:
(1) That estimates hearings by legislation committees for 2020 be scheduled as follows:2019-20 additional estimates:Monday, 2 March and Tuesday, 3 March (Group A)Wednesday, 4 March and Thursday, 5 March (Group B).2020-21 Budget estimates:Monday, 25 May to Thursday, 28 May, and, if required, Friday, 29 May (Group A)Tuesday, 2 June to Friday, 5 June, and, if required, Friday, 19 June (Group B)Monday, 19 October and Tuesday, 20 October (supplementary hearings—Group A)Wednesday, 21 October and Thursday, 22 October (supplementary hearings—Group B).
(2) That cross portfolio estimates hearings on Indigenous matters and on Murray Darling Basin Plan matters be scheduled for Friday, 6 March, Friday, 29 May and Friday, 23 October, but not restricted to these days.
(3) That the committees consider the proposed expenditure in accordance with the allocation of departments and agencies to committees agreed to by the Senate.
(4) That committees meet in the following groups:Group A:Environment and CommunicationsFinance and Public AdministrationLegal and Constitutional AffairsRural and Regional Affairs and TransportGroup B:Community AffairsEconomicsEducation and EmploymentForeign Affairs, Defence and Trade.
(5) That the committees report to the Senate on the following dates:
(a) Tuesday, 24 March 2020 in respect of the 2019-20 additional estimates; and
(b) Tuesday, 23 June 2020 in respect of the 2020-21 Budget estimates.
Question agreed to.