Thursday, 29 November 2018
Consideration by Estimates Committees
(1) That estimates hearings by legislation committees for 2019 be scheduled as follows:
2018-19 additional estimates:
Monday, 18 February and Tuesday, 19 February (Group A)
Wednesday, 20 February and Thursday, 21 February (Group B).
2019-20 Budget estimates:
Tuesday, 28 May to Thursday, 30 May, and, if required, Friday, 31 May (Group A)
Monday, 3 June to Thursday, 6 June, and, if required, Friday, 7 June (Group B)
Monday, 21 October and Tuesday, 22 October (supplementary hearings—Group A)
Wednesday, 23 October and Thursday, 24 October (supplementary hearings—Group B).
(2) That pursuant to the order of the Senate of 26 August 2008, cross portfolio estimates hearings on Indigenous matters be scheduled for Friday, 22 February, Friday, 31 May and Friday, 25 October, but not restricted to these days.
(3) That cross portfolio estimates hearings on Murray-Darling Basin Plan matters be scheduled for Friday, 22 February, Friday, 31 May and Friday, 25 October, but not restricted to these days.
(4) That the committees consider the proposed expenditure in accordance with the allocation of departments and agencies to committees agreed to by the Senate.
(5) That committees meet in the following groups:
Environment and Communications
Finance and Public Administration
Legal and Constitutional Affairs
Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport
Education and Employment
Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade.
(6) That the committees report to the Senate on the following dates:
(a) Tuesday, 16 April 2019 in respect of the 2018-19 additional estimates; and
(b) Tuesday, 25 June 2019 in respect of the 2019-20 Budget estimates.