Wednesday, 6 February 2013
Questions on Notice
Budget: Efficiency Dividend (Question Nos 2176 and 2216)
asked the Minister representing the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, upon notice, on 18 September 2012:
(1) What is the net financial effect on the department's budget of:
(a) the original 1.5 per cent efficiency dividend;
(b) the additional 2.5 per cent efficiency dividend; and
(c) other savings measures as introduced in the 2012-13 Budget papers.
(2) What measures or strategies are being considered to ensure continued operation within the budget and efficiency dividend targets of the department.
(3) What percentage of total expenditure is represented by staff costs.
(4) Is a net reduction in: (a) staff; and (b) consultants and/or contractors, expected for the financial year; if so, can a quantitative total for each reduction be provided.
(5) How many: (a) voluntary redundancies; and (b) involuntary redundancies, are expected to be executed.
(6) What is the current distribution of full-time equivalent staff across classification bands.