Tuesday, 31 August 2021
Paid Parental Leave Amendment (COVID-19 Work Test) Bill 2021; Consideration in Detail
I present a supplementary explanatory memorandum to the bill. I ask leave of the House to move government amendments (1) to (4), as circulated, together.
I move government amendments (1) to (4) together:
(1) Schedule 1, page 3 (after line 26), after item 4, insert:
4A Section 30 (paragraph beginning "Division 3")
After "(see section 36A)", insert ", in special circumstances (see section 36AA)".
(2) Schedule 1, page 3 (before line 27), before item 5, insert:
4B Section 32 (after note 1)
Note 1A: A person may also satisfy the work test in special circumstances: see section 36AA.
(3) Schedule 1, page 5 (after line 3), after item 9, insert:
9A After section 36A
36AA Special circumstances
A person also satisfies the work test on a day if:
(a) the Secretary is satisfied that special circumstances of a kind prescribed by the PPL rules for the purposes of this paragraph exist in relation to the person on the day; and
(b) the Secretary is satisfied that the person would have satisfied the work test on the day in accordance with section 32 if those circumstances had not existed.
(4) Schedule 1, item 10, page 5 (after line 10), at the end of the item, add:
(3) Section 36AA of the Paid Parental Leave Act 2010, as inserted by this Schedule, applies in relation to working out if a person satisfies the work test on a day that is on or after the commencement of this item.