This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Skye Kakoschke-Moore voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly for increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly for implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against regional processing of asylum seekers. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing marine conservation. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly against more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted moderately against live animal exports. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing surveillance powers. votes
- Voted very strongly against decreasing ABC and SBS funding. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Motions: National Science Week (16 Aug 2017)
“I, and also on behalf of Senator Griff, move: That the Senate— (a) notes that: (i) National Science Week runs from 12 to 20 August 2017, (ii) it is Australia's annual celebration of science and technology, and thousands of people get involved from students to scientists, and chefs to musicians, (iii) the Week provides an opportunity to acknowledge the...”
- Adjournment: Share the Dignity (15 Aug 2017)
“A few weeks ago, I had the great privilege of meeting with Rochelle Courtenay, who is the founder of Share the Dignity, a charity that distributes menstrual hygiene products to women and girls in need, Australia wide. Rochelle's message to me was clear: we, as policymakers and legislators, must do more to help disadvantaged and vulnerable women and girls to safely and hygienically manage...”
- Motions: Menstrual Hygiene (15 Aug 2017)
“I move: That the Senate— (a) notes: (i) the importance of women and girls managing their menstruation hygienically, with confidence, dignity and without stigma, (ii) that women and girls without access to menstrual hygiene products resort to using newspaper, rolled up toilet paper, rags and leaves, (iii) that the average woman has 450 menstrual cycles...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 49 debates in the last year — average amongst Senators.
- People have made 2 comments on this Senator's speeches — average amongst Senators.
- 2 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Skye Kakoschke-Moore speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 36 times in debates — well below average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)