This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Rex Patrick voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly for same sex marriage. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing protection of Australia's fresh water. votes
- Voted very strongly against unconventional gas mining. votes
- Voted very strongly for offshore processing of asylum seekers. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Adjournment: National Security (5 Dec 2017)
“I rise to speak about aspects of Australia's national security, including parliamentary oversight of our intelligence agencies—an issue I briefly referred to in my first speech in the chamber yesterday. Uncertainty, risk, and even danger characterise Australia's emerging international circumstances. Prime Minister Turnbull used these words in his introduction to the government's recent...”
- Motions: Murray-Darling Basin Plan (5 Dec 2017)
“I seek leave to move an amendment to general business notice of motion No. 641 moved by Senator Hanson-Young. Leave granted. by leave—I move: That In paragraph (e), omit the words 'and to not return the responsibility for water to former Minister Joyce'. Question agreed to.”
- First Speech: (4 Dec 2017)
“Over a quarter of a century ago, on 4 November 1992, an honourable member in the House of Representatives described the Senate as unrepresentative swill. I note with a touch of irony that the honourable member, someone who I admire greatly for his positive contributions to our nation, was at that time part owner in a piggery. His comments about the Senate nonetheless displayed a broader and...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 10 debates in the last year — well below average amongst Senators.
- People have made 0 comments on this Senator's speeches — below average amongst Senators.
- 0 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Rex Patrick speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 6 times in debates — well below average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)