This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Australian Labor Party Representative for Isaacs
- Deputy Manager of Opposition Business (House) (since 18 Oct 2013)
Shadow Minister for the Arts (since 18 Oct 2013)
Shadow Attorney General (since 18 Oct 2013)
- Entered House of Representatives on 24 November 2007 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Mark Dreyfus speaks (no more than once per day)
- Bills: Counter-Terrorism Legislation Amendment (Foreign Fighters) Bill 2014; Consideration in Detail (30 Oct 2014)
“I want to make it clear that Labor will be voting against this amendment and also make it clear that the member for Melbourne has wholly misconceived the purpose of what will become section 119.7 of the Criminal Code. As the minister has said, the Crimes (Foreign Incursions and Recruitment) Act, which is being incorporated here in the Criminal Code, has contained a prohibition on publishing...”
- Bills: Counter-Terrorism Legislation Amendment (Foreign Fighters) Bill 2014; Second Reading (30 Oct 2014)
“The Counter-Terrorism Legislation Amendment (Foreign Fighters) Bill 2014 is the second national security bill brought forward by the government in this parliament. The first, the National Security Legislation Amendment Bill (No. 1) 2014 was passed through the parliament on 1 October. Labor insisted on a full review of that bill by the Parliamentary Joint Committee on Intelligence and...”
- Constituency Statements: Medicare Locals (30 Oct 2014)
“I stand to condemn the government on its abject failure to keep its pre-election promise to maintain and support Medicare Locals as a deliverer of primary healthcare services across Australia. I also condemn the government for its failure to provide staff of Medicare Locals with sufficient guidance or information about the future of Australia's primary healthcare services sector and about the...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 105 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 30 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Mark Dreyfus speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 341 times in debates — above average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)