This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Alexander Downer, former Representative
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Alexander Downer voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly for increasing competition in bulk wheat export. votes
- Voted very strongly for regional processing of asylum seekers. votes
- Voted very strongly against restricting foreign ownership. votes
- Has never voted on increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted moderately for privatising government assets. votes
- Voted very strongly for stem cell research. votes
- Voted very strongly for more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted strongly against extending government benefits to same-sex couples. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing availability of abortion drugs. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing consumer protections. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Never rebels against their party.
Most recent appearances in parliament
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 15 debates in the last year — well below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — well above average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 3 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 197 times in debates — well above average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)