This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Liberal Party Senator for ACT
- Minister for Industry, Energy and Emissions Reduction in the Senate (since 8 Oct 2021)
Minister for Science and Technology in the Senate (since 8 Oct 2021)
Minister for International Development and the Pacific (since 22 Dec 2020)
- Became a Senator on 7 September 2013 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Zed Seselja speaks (no more than once per day)
- Condolences: Kitching, Senator Kimberley Jane Elizabeth (28 Mar 2022)
“There are many others in this place—and I commend many of the contributions that have been made to date—who are able to speak in significantly more detail about the life of Kimberley Kitching. I want to briefly pay tribute to someone who I came to see as a friend and someone who I came to have a deep respect for the more that I knew her. In these last few years we've had the...”
- Bills: Mitochondrial Donation Law Reform (Maeve’s Law) Bill 2021; In Committee (10 Feb 2022)
“In the two minutes I have, there are a couple of points I'd like to make. One is that as this debate started I had the opportunity to engage with the Mito Foundation and a number of other experts to try to understand this legislation. I absolutely understand the intent behind it and I support the intent behind it, which is to alleviate suffering and to use research to alleviate suffering. I...”
- Questions without Notice: Tonga (10 Feb 2022)
“Yes, I can. Thank you. The coalition hold national security as our highest priority. We've demonstrated in the Pacific that, in a complex geostrategic environment, we will go out and support our partners in very practical ways. As I said earlier, in contrast, the Labor Party have a very different view. The Leader of the Opposition, of course, has never held a national security role; he's...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 36 debates in the last year — below average amongst Senators.
- People have made 2 comments on this Senator's speeches — above average amongst Senators.
- 7 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Zed Seselja speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 409 times in debates — above average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)