This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
- Bills: Social Services Legislation Amendment (Ending the Poverty Trap) Bill 2018; Second Reading (22 Jul 2019)
“This bill, the Social Services Legislation Amendment (Ending the Poverty Trap) Bill 2018, proposed by the Greens, seeks to amend the Social Security Act to increase Newstart, Austudy and other welfare payments by $150 per fortnight and to standardise indexation for some of these welfare payments. Yet, in spite of its name, it doesn't actually do what the Greens have said it will do, nor does...”
- First Speech: (3 Apr 2019)
“It is with great pride that I rise to deliver my first speech in this place. I have spent many hours over recent years in this beautiful building and I have immense respect for all it represents. As a result, I am humbled to be standing in this chamber as a senator for Tasmania. At the outset, I would like to acknowledge the welcome I have received from you, Mr President, together with the...”
- Questions without Notice: Budget (3 Apr 2019)
“Minister, what are you doing to ensure that Australian small businesses are getting the skilled workers that they need to continue to prosper and grow?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 2 debates in the last year — below average amongst Senators.
- People have made 0 comments on this Senator's speeches — average amongst Senators.
- 1 person is tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Wendy Askew speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1 time in debates — below average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)