This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Tony Sheldon voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing protection of Australia's fresh water. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing marine conservation. votes
- Voted moderately for increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted strongly against more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Has never voted on increasing surveillance powers. votes
- Voted very strongly for decreasing ABC and SBS funding. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Questions without Notice: Take Note of Answers: Economy (11 Sep 2019)
“Well, haven't you seen it all: a third-term government with no agenda, no plan. They've given answers about how to bring forward and get the economy going. Of course, we've been saying it from our side, but now you've got the NAB and the Master Builders Association also saying it. That's on top of the Reserve Bank saying it. But no: they still won't listen. And this is the interesting thing:...”
- Adjournment: Aged Care (10 Sep 2019)
“Today is the Health Services Union's second annual Thank You for Working in Aged Care Day, a day to give thanks to and recognise the invaluable work of almost 200,000 people who work in the aged-care sector across Australia. Caring for our older Australians is difficult, critically important and often undervalued work. Our aged-care workers are some of the most generous, patient, thoughtful...”
- Auditor-General's Reports: Tourist Refund Scheme; Consideration (9 Sep 2019)
“Yes, thank you. Leave granted; debate adjourned.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — below average amongst Senators.
- People have made 0 comments on this Senator's speeches — average amongst Senators.
- 1 person is tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Tony Sheldon speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 8 times in debates — well below average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)