This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Tony Sheldon voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly for increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Has never voted on the Carbon Pollution Reduction Scheme. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing protection of Australia's fresh water. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing marine conservation. votes
- Voted very strongly for unconventional gas mining. votes
- Voted very strongly against restricting foreign ownership. votes
- Voted moderately for increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted strongly against more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Voted very strongly for live animal exports. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing surveillance powers. votes
- Voted very strongly for decreasing ABC and SBS funding. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Adjournment: Workplace Relations (13 Feb 2020)
“I rise to lend my arm to a group of workers in Queensland who are doing it tough. These are the workers of Greyhound Resources across a number of mines owned by BMC, BMA and the BHP Group, who have for the past two weeks been locked out of their workplace by their employer. These workers provide a vital service of transporting workers in the mining industry to and from some of the most remote...”
- Documents: Australian Building and Construction Commission; Consideration (13 Feb 2020)
“After reading the report of the ABCC you see the truth at the heart of this organisation. It's an organisation designed to attack working people and unions, their representatives. It is an organisation designed to hamper the ability of working people to fight for safety in their industry or to chase down stolen wages or superannuation. How do we know this? Because even though the ABCC have...”
- Bills: Treasury Laws Amendment (Recovering Unpaid Superannuation) Bill 2019; Second Reading (11 Feb 2020)
“I've been listening to a number of the representations from the government on the Treasury Laws Amendment (Recovering Unpaid Superannuation) Bill 2019. There's one amazing thing—picking up on a point made by Senator Rennick, the previous speaker—and that is there are more than two million workers in trade unions. Many millions of workers work in worksites that have bargains as a...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 39 debates in the last year — average amongst Senators.
- People have made 0 comments on this Senator's speeches — average amongst Senators.
- 1 person is tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Tony Sheldon speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 35 times in debates — below average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)