This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Senator Susan McDonald
- National Party Senator for Queensland
- Shadow Minister for Resources (since 5 Jun 2022)
Shadow Minister for Northern Australia (since 5 Jun 2022)
- Became a Senator on 1 July 2019 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Susan McDonald speaks (no more than once per day)
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Adjournment: Queensland: Floods (21 Mar 2023)
“The most recent flood in northern Australia has seen floodwaters extend from the gulf south for hundreds of kilometres. The complete lack of interest and support from this federal government is shocking, and it is frankly distressing. In opposition, Minister Murray Watt was full of advice on the speed of response and what the government should do—all advice that he has now completely...”
- Bills: Referendum (Machinery Provisions) Amendment Bill 2022; Second Reading (21 Mar 2023)
“The Constitution is the guiding document of the nation, and referenda to alter that document are among the most important discussions that we can have. It is the document that has seen Australia develop as the stable and functional society that we enjoy, and it is therefore critical that the government of the day provides comprehensive information to support both the 'yes' and 'no' cases to...”
- Committees: Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport References Committee; Reference (21 Mar 2023)
“I support Senator Roberts's motion for a committee inquiry because I think that transparency in the decisions we make around food is critical. It's important. Nobody should be afraid of transparency and inquiries into something like this. So I congratulate Senator Roberts for bringing this forward. The food we eat is the most important thing that we think about each day. Some of us are better...”
More of Susan McDonald's recent appearances
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 47 debates in the last year — below average amongst Senators.
- People have made 1 comment on this Senator's speeches — average amongst Senators.
- 1 person is tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Susan McDonald speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 120 times in debates — below average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)
Register of Interests (What's this?)
Susan McDonald's latest interest statementLast updated: 7 Mar 2023