This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Senator Sarah Hanson-Young
- Australian Greens Senator for SA
- Became a Senator on 1 July 2008 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Sarah Hanson-Young speaks (no more than once per day)
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Business: Rearrangement (24 Mar 2023)
“It's extremely disappointing that this debate has kicked off the way it has today. I don't think that anything that we've displayed to the Australian people in the last 15 minutes, since the starting of this parliament, is anything to be proud of. The politicking over this issue—which is serious, which is sensitive, which is fundamentally about the values of a respectful, democratic...”
- Bills: Australia Council Amendment (Creative Australia) Bill 2023; Second Reading (23 Mar 2023)
“I rise to speak to on the Australia Council Amendment (Creative Australia) Bill 2023 today, a piece of legislation that the Greens will be supporting. But I want to put on the record first up just how long the Australian arts community and creative industry has waited for a proper cultural policy in this country. For over a decade or more, Australian artists and creative workers have been...”
- Bills: Referendum (Machinery Provisions) Amendment Bill 2022; In Committee (22 Mar 2023)
“The Australian Greens would like to be able to complete this tonight, if we can. I feel like there's goodwill in the room to do it. If we don't need divisions and all parties are willing to put their position on the record, that is fine. We are also relaxed about the idea of having to go back to the Senate if need be. I feel as though we now have consensus around the room—something the...”
More of Sarah Hanson-Young's recent appearances
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 52 debates in the last year — average amongst Senators.
- People have made 11 comments on this Senator's speeches — well above average amongst Senators.
- 59 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Sarah Hanson-Young speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 717 times in debates — well above average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)
Register of Interests (What's this?)
Sarah Hanson-Young's latest interest statementLast updated: 12 Sep 2022