This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Sam McMahon voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly against the Carbon Pollution Reduction Scheme. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing protection of Australia's fresh water. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing marine conservation. votes
- Voted very strongly for unconventional gas mining. votes
- Voted very strongly against restricting foreign ownership. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly against more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Voted very strongly for live animal exports. votes
- Has never voted on increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing surveillance powers. votes
- Voted very strongly for decreasing ABC and SBS funding. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Committees: Environment and Communications References Committee; Report (4 Dec 2019)
“I would like it noted that the coalition's senators have submitted a descending report. We talk about rank abuse. Well, this is a rank abuse of a Senate committee and the processes of the Senate and the committee structure. The Senate has determined numerous times not to personally investigate Minister Taylor. This report is all about a personal attack on the minister. It has nothing to do...”
- Notices: Withdrawal (4 Dec 2019)
“by leave—I withdraw the notice of motion standing in my name and in the names of Senators Davey and McDonald lodged earlier today.”
- Questions without Notice: Agriculture Industry (4 Dec 2019)
“Is the minister aware of any alternative approaches to deliver for the Australia agriculture industry?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 21 debates in the last year — well below average amongst Senators.
- People have made 0 comments on this Senator's speeches — average amongst Senators.
- 0 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Sam McMahon speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 12 times in debates — well below average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)