This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Peter Georgiou voted on key issues since 2006:
- Has never voted on same sex marriage. votes
- Voted very strongly for tobacco plain packaging. votes
- Voted very strongly against a carbon price. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly against implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Voted very strongly for voluntary student union fees. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing protection of Australia's fresh water. votes
- Voted very strongly for regional processing of asylum seekers. votes
- Voted moderately against increasing marine conservation. votes
- Voted moderately against unconventional gas mining. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly for privatising government assets. votes
- Voted moderately against more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing protection of Aboriginal heritage sites. votes
- Voted moderately against live animal exports. votes
- Voted moderately for decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing fishing restrictions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing surveillance powers. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing consumer protections. votes
- Voted very strongly for offshore processing of asylum seekers. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing freedom of political communication. votes
- Voted strongly for decreasing ABC and SBS funding. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Motions: Anning, Senator Fraser; Censure (3 Apr 2019)
“I rise to speak and put on the record that, as Senator Hanson is unwell, I am making the following contribution to the debate on her behalf. I'd like to welcome the Australian people to the equivalent of a public flogging of an elected member in the Senate. Regardless of how many personal votes Fraser Anning may have received at the 2016 election, let me put on record that he still drew a...”
- Business: Leave of Absence (2 Apr 2019)
“by leave—I move: That leave of absence be granted to Senator Hanson for today, 2 April, for personal reasons. Question agreed to.”
- Condolences: Christchurch: Attacks (2 Apr 2019)
“I would like to state on the record as a One Nation senator and Western Australian that I condemn the terror, pain and violence inflicted on Christchurch last month, which caused the loss of 50 lives and hurt so many more. I offer my condolences to all the families affected and to the people of Christchurch.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 39 debates in the last year — below average amongst Senators.
- People have made 0 comments on this Senator's speeches — average amongst Senators.
- 0 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Peter Georgiou speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 26 times in debates — well below average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)