This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Perin Davey voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted strongly against the Carbon Pollution Reduction Scheme. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing protection of Australia's fresh water. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing marine conservation. votes
- Has never voted on unconventional gas mining. votes
- Voted very strongly against restricting foreign ownership. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly against more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Voted very strongly for live animal exports. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing surveillance powers. votes
- Voted very strongly for decreasing ABC and SBS funding. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Ministerial Statements: Dairy Industry (5 Dec 2019)
“I rise to take note of the Minister for Agriculture's response outlining what the government is doing for the dairy industry. I commend the minister because this government is taking action to support the dairy industry. We are also bringing the industry with us on the journey. We are consulting on the mandatory code of conduct; we have consulted all year. We've been talking to the industry...”
- Motions: Forestry (4 Dec 2019)
“I, and also on behalf of Senators Henderson, O'Sullivan, Brockman, Abetz, Askew, Hughes, Rennick and Van, move: That the Senate— (a) notes that: (i) the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, which advised the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, stated in their 4th Assessment: 'A sustainable forest management strategy aimed at maintaining or increasing...”
- Adjournment: Murray-Darling Basin (2 Dec 2019)
“Today hundreds if not thousands of irrigators, irrigation farmers, community members, business people from our regional communities in the Murray-Darling Basin—particularly the southern Murray-Darling Basin, where I come from—and members of the 'Can the Plan' convoy gathered right here in the nation's capital in a passionate demonstration of hurt and upset at a plan perceived to...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 32 debates in the last year — average amongst Senators.
- People have made 0 comments on this Senator's speeches — average amongst Senators.
- 1 person is tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Perin Davey speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 24 times in debates — below average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)