This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Senator Penny Wong
- Australian Labor Party Senator for SA
- Leader of the Government in the Senate (since 1 Jun 2022)
Minister for Foreign Affairs (since 1 Jun 2022)
- Became a Senator on 1 July 2002 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Penny Wong speaks (no more than once per day)
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Questions without Notice: Natural Disasters (9 Mar 2023)
“I ask that further questions be placed on the Notice Paper.”
- Questions without Notice: Cybersecurity (9 Mar 2023)
“If you've made the order, there's no point.”
- Questions without Notice: Climate Change (9 Mar 2023)
“Thank you to Senator Pratt. We on this side of the chamber understand that without certainty the market doesn't move. If you want a demonstration of that, you can see the 22 failed policies of those opposite and the way that smashed investment in the generation sector, and businesses know that. I'll refer to recent media this week. There was a headline in the AFR, 'Coalition blocking the...”
More of Penny Wong's recent appearances
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 77 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Senators.
- People have made 10 comments on this Senator's speeches — well above average amongst Senators.
- 54 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Penny Wong speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 2526 times in debates — well above average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)
Register of Interests (What's this?)
Penny Wong's latest interest statementLast updated: 17 Feb 2023