This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Australian Labor Party Senator for WA
- Shadow Minister for Families and Social Services (Senate) (since 10 Nov 2020)
Shadow Minister for Indigenous Australians (Senate) (since 10 Nov 2020)
Shadow Minister for Constitutional Reform (Senate) (since 10 Nov 2020)
Shadow Assistant Minister for Reconciliation (since 2 Jun 2019)
Shadow Assistant Minister for Constitutional Recognition of Indigenous Australians (since 2 Jun 2019)
- Became a Senator on 28 April 2016 — unknown
- Email me whenever Patrick Dodson speaks (no more than once per day)
- Bills: Social Services and Other Legislation Amendment (Pension Loans Scheme Enhancements) Bill 2021; Second Reading (30 Mar 2022)
“I rise to speak on the Social Services and Other Legislation Amendment (Pension Loans Scheme Enhancements) Bill 2021. I move the second reading amendment on sheet 1588 circulated in my name: At the end of the motion, add ", but the Senate notes that the Coalition Government has repeatedly tried to cut the pension, including pensioner concessions, the assets test and indexation, and attempted...”
- Bills: Appropriation Bill (No. 3) 2021-2022, Appropriation Bill (No. 4) 2021-2022; Second Reading (30 Mar 2022)
“Labor will support Appropriation Bill (No. 3) 2021-2022 and Appropriation Bill (No. 4) 2021-2022. They represent additional estimates for the 2021-22 financial year, with a total of $15.9 billion appropriated across the two bills—$11.9 billion in Appropriation Bill (No. 3) and $4 billion in Appropriation Bill (No. 4). The financial impact of these bills was incorporated into the budget...”
- Committees: Northern Australia Joint Committee; Report (9 Feb 2022)
“I move: That the Senate take note of the report. I rise to take note of the final report of the inquiry of the Joint Standing Committee on Northern Australia into the engagement of traditional owners in the economic development of northern Australia. The committee began this inquiry over three years ago in the last parliament and revived it after the 2019 election. When Rio Tinto destroyed...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — well below average amongst Senators.
- People have made 0 comments on this Senator's speeches — average amongst Senators.
- 3 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Patrick Dodson speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 100 times in debates — below average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)