This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Nick Xenophon, former Senator
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Motions: Immigration (19 Oct 2017)
“Last night, I thought it may have been my very last speech in this chamber. But here I am! I'm still here and still waiting for the wise women and men of the High Court to determine the outcome of the so-called 'citizenship seven' case. But I'm very pleased that I'm still here because it gives me an opportunity to repudiate what Senator Hanson said and to endorse what Senator...”
- Bills: Customs Amendment (Anti-Dumping Measures) Bill 2017; Second Reading (19 Oct 2017)
“I too, on behalf of my colleagues, support the Customs Amendment (Anti-Dumping Measures) Bill 2017. This bill will improve our antidumping regime, but for too long our antidumping regime has been too weak in this country. We have not ensured that Australian industry can compete on a level playing field with those countries that dump goods on our shores. The dumping and, in effect, foreign...”
- Adjournment: Donations to Political Parties (18 Oct 2017)
“I do not know when I'll be making my last speech in the Senate. I hope this won't be it, because I have a lot to say about many issues affecting my home state of South Australia, but, like others, being part of the 'citizenship seven', I am in the hands of the High Court—of the wise women and men of the High Court. I will be leaving this place, however, one way or the other and sooner...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 114 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Senators.
- People have made 20 comments on this Senator's speeches — well above average amongst Senators.
- 193 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1226 times in debates — well above average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)