This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Mehreen Faruqi voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly for tobacco plain packaging. votes
- Voted very strongly for a carbon price. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted strongly for implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing protection of Australia's fresh water. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing marine conservation. votes
- Voted very strongly against unconventional gas mining. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly for more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Voted very strongly against live animal exports. votes
- Voted very strongly against decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing fishing restrictions. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing surveillance powers. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing consumer protections. votes
- Voted very strongly against decreasing ABC and SBS funding. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Bills: Australian Security Intelligence Organisation Amendment (Sunsetting of Special Powers Relating to Terrorism Offences) Bill 2019; Second Reading (1 Aug 2019)
“Mr Acting Deputy President, my point of order is for you to ask Senator Roberts to withdraw the comments that he made which implied that Senator Keneally emulated a mass murderer. I think that's completely unparliamentary.”
- Committees: Jobs for the Future in Regional Areas Select Committee, Multi-Jurisdictional Management and Execution of the Murray-Darling Basin Plan Committee; Membership (31 Jul 2019)
“The President has received letters from the Leader of the Government in the Senate and the Leader of the Opposition in the Senate nominating senators to be members of committees.”
- Matters of Public Importance: Newstart and Youth Allowance (31 Jul 2019)
“The time for the discussion has expired.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 87 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Senators.
- People have made 0 comments on this Senator's speeches — average amongst Senators.
- 0 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Mehreen Faruqi speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 58 times in debates — below average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)