This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Questions without Notice: Take Note of Answers: Answers to Questions (28 Nov 2023)
“I move: That the Senate take note of all questions without notice asked by coalition senators today. What we saw in question time today, and have seen from the conduct of the government over many months, is that they do kind of miss Joel Fitzgibbon. They really do miss Joel. I miss Joel. I think lots of us miss Joel. This government in particular really misses people like Joel Fitzgibbon, who...”
- Bills: Water Amendment (Restoring Our Rivers) Bill 2023; Second Reading (27 Nov 2023)
“We've just heard that the Labor Party and the Greens are teaming up again to sell out farming communities across Australia and Australian families who are already struggling to pay for groceries at the shops. This bill, the Water Amendment (Restoring Our Rivers) Bill, will mean that there'll be less water used to grow food in Australia. That's what it will do. It will remove a cap on water...”
- Committees: Selection of Bills Committee; Report (16 Nov 2023)
“Sorry, President. I wouldn't normally do this, but given that this is, I think, going to be voted on along conscience lines, I don't actually have the amendments in front of me. It's not here.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 88 debates in the last year — average amongst Senators.
- People have made 4 comments on this Senator's speeches — well above average amongst Senators.
- 10 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Matthew Canavan speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 691 times in debates — well above average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)