This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Matt O'Sullivan voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing trade unions' powers in the workplace. votes
- Voted strongly against the Carbon Pollution Reduction Scheme. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing protection of Australia's fresh water. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing marine conservation. votes
- Voted very strongly for unconventional gas mining. votes
- Voted very strongly against restricting foreign ownership. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly against more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing protection of Aboriginal heritage sites. votes
- Voted very strongly for live animal exports. votes
- Voted very strongly for decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing surveillance powers. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing consumer protections. votes
- Voted very strongly for decreasing ABC and SBS funding. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Adjournment: Employment (26 Feb 2020)
“I want to bring a message of hope here tonight from the Kimberley, a beautiful part of my home state. Indeed, it's one of the most beautiful parts of the country. It is absolutely fantastic. If you haven't been there, I encourage you to visit. It's well worth the visit. It's also a region with endless potential. In my life before politics I spent a lot of time in the Kimberley. I had the...”
- Matters of Public Importance: Climate Change (26 Feb 2020)
“I too rise to speak on this MPI brought before the chamber by the Greens, and I thank them very much for the opportunity to do so. I genuinely do, because it not only gives me the opportunity to spruik the government's achievements in this space, which are delivering responsible and achievable climate policy, but also gives all of us the opportunity to reflect on the Greens' hypocrisy....”
- Questions without Notice: National Disability Insurance Scheme (26 Feb 2020)
“Can the minister explain why it's so important to put people with disability, their families and carers first?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 32 debates in the last year — below average amongst Senators.
- People have made 0 comments on this Senator's speeches — average amongst Senators.
- 0 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Matt O'Sullivan speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 26 times in debates — well below average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)