This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Matt O'Sullivan voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted strongly against the Carbon Pollution Reduction Scheme. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing protection of Australia's fresh water. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing marine conservation. votes
- Voted very strongly for unconventional gas mining. votes
- Voted very strongly against restricting foreign ownership. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly against more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Voted very strongly for live animal exports. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing surveillance powers. votes
- Voted very strongly for decreasing ABC and SBS funding. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Statements by Senators: Welfare Reform (4 Dec 2019)
“I rise to inform the Senate about a recent fact-finding trip I undertook across the WA border to the South Australian town of Ceduna. The reason that I ventured to Ceduna was to observe the operation of the cashless debit card, which has been in operation in that region for longer than it has been in any of the other trial regions. In fact it has been operating since March 2016. I was...”
- Matters of Urgency: Newstart Allowance and Youth Allowance (3 Dec 2019)
“Thank you very much, Acting Deputy President Bernardi. I note you are in the chair at the moment and this may well be my last speech with you as Acting Deputy President, so I will take this opportunity and I appreciate the privilege that it is. I rise to speak on this urgency motion brought before the chamber by the Greens, and I thank them for the opportunity to do so. Whilst on this side of...”
- Questions without Notice: Resources Industry (28 Nov 2019)
“How is the Liberal and National government continuing to support the critical minerals sector and the thousands of jobs this industry will create?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 25 debates in the last year — below average amongst Senators.
- People have made 0 comments on this Senator's speeches — average amongst Senators.
- 0 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Matt O'Sullivan speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 19 times in debates — well below average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)