This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Marielle Smith voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly for increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted very strongly for the Carbon Pollution Reduction Scheme. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing protection of Australia's fresh water. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing marine conservation. votes
- Voted very strongly for unconventional gas mining. votes
- Voted very strongly against restricting foreign ownership. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted moderately against more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Voted very strongly for live animal exports. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Has never voted on encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing surveillance powers. votes
- Voted very strongly for decreasing ABC and SBS funding. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Questions without Notice: Take Note of Answers: Dairy Industry, Murray-Darling Basin, Minister for Agriculture (3 Dec 2019)
“I also rise to take note of answers to questions from Senators McCarthy, Sterle and Bilyk, but before I do I can't help but call out the appalling hypocrisy of senators on the other side, particularly Senator Seselja, who accused members on this side of sexism. Are their memories so short? I remember the Gillard prime ministership. I remember the 'Ditch the witch' posters out the front of...”
- Adjournment: Superannuation (2 Dec 2019)
“I rise in support of fairness in our superannuation system—fairness for workers and fairness for women especially. Today in my office here in Parliament House I met with members of my union, the SDA; the Australian Services Union; and the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation. These are some of the largest unions in the country and they are doing incredibly important work....”
- Documents: Department of the Environment and Energy; Consideration (2 Dec 2019)
“I also rise to speak on the Department of the Environment and Energy's Quarterly update of Australia's national greenhouse gas inventory: June 2019. This update provides estimates of Australia's national inventory of greenhouse gas emissions up to the June quarter of 2019 and emissions from the National Electricity Market, up to the September quarter of 2019. It states that electricity...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 19 debates in the last year — well below average amongst Senators.
- People have made 0 comments on this Senator's speeches — average amongst Senators.
- 1 person is tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Marielle Smith speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 16 times in debates — well below average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)