This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Australian Labor Party Senator for NT
- Assistant Minister for Indigenous Australians (since 1 Jun 2022)
Assistant Minister for Indigenous Health (since 1 Jun 2022)
- Became a Senator on 2 July 2016 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Malarndirri McCarthy speaks (no more than once per day)
- Statements by Senators: Galiwin'ku Women's Space (28 Sep 2022)
“I was pleased to be able to visit leaders in Galiwin'ku in far north-east Arnhem Land earlier this year with Senator Jenny McAllister and Marion Scrymgour MP to listen to the community about the important work being done to keep women and children safe. Ten years in the making, the Galiwin'ku Women's Space finally opened their family, domestic and sexual violence crisis accommodation earlier...”
- Bills: Restoring Territory Rights Bill 2022; Second Reading (28 Sep 2022)
“Twenty-five years ago, when the Rights of the Terminally Ill Bill was introduced into the Northern Territory parliament, I wanted the Northern Territory parliamentarians to vote against it. Based on cultural and personal grounds, I certainly did not support it. Twenty-five years later, I still do not support voluntary assisted dying. But I do support the Northern Territory parliament having...”
- Bills: Social Security (Administration) Amendment (Repeal of Cashless Debit Card and Other Measures) Bill 2022; In Committee (27 Sep 2022)
“You remind them. You remind them of that. You need to remember that. You can check us, and keep us in check, and that's fine. You can keep us in check, Senator Lambie, because, let me tell you, I certainly will. But for now, the only information that is sufficient information for those Australians across the country is that this card—the cashless debit card—has to go.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 36 debates in the last year — average amongst Senators.
- People have made 0 comments on this Senator's speeches — average amongst Senators.
- 4 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Malarndirri McCarthy speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 220 times in debates — average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)