This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Malarndirri McCarthy voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly for same sex marriage. votes
- Voted very strongly for tobacco plain packaging. votes
- Voted very strongly against a carbon price. votes
- Voted moderately for increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted strongly for implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Voted very strongly against voluntary student union fees. votes
- Voted moderately against increasing protection of Australia's fresh water. votes
- Voted strongly for regional processing of asylum seekers. votes
- Voted moderately for increasing marine conservation. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against unconventional gas mining. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Has never voted on privatising government assets. votes
- Voted strongly against more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing protection of Aboriginal heritage sites. votes
- Voted moderately for live animal exports. votes
- Voted moderately for decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted moderately against increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing fishing restrictions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing surveillance powers. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing consumer protections. votes
- Voted very strongly for offshore processing of asylum seekers. votes
- Voted moderately against increasing freedom of political communication. votes
- Voted moderately against decreasing ABC and SBS funding. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Adjournment: Indigenous Ranger Forum (11 Sep 2019)
“I rise to speak about one of the culturally important events that took place in Darwin over the winter break. The north Australia Indigenous Ranger Forum , which was held in Darwin, on Larrakia-Kenbi country, is in its third year and brings together r anger groups from Cape York right across the Top End to the Kimberl e y. I was able to head across to the gathering , by ferry from Darwin...”
- Committees: Scrutiny of Bills Committee; Scrutiny Digest (11 Sep 2019)
“by leave—On behalf of Senator Polley, I present Scrutiny Digest No. 5 of 2019 of the Standing Committee for the Scrutiny of Bills.”
- Petitions: Centrelink (11 Sep 2019)
“by leave—I table a petitioning document relating to restoring Centrelink services to the Huon Valley.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 42 debates in the last year — above average amongst Senators.
- People have made 0 comments on this Senator's speeches — average amongst Senators.
- 3 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Malarndirri McCarthy speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 104 times in debates — below average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)