This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Lidia Thorpe voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against unconventional gas mining. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing protection of Aboriginal heritage sites. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Bills: Higher Education Support Amendment (Job-Ready Graduates and Supporting Regional and Remote Students) Bill 2020; Second Reading (8 Oct 2020)
“I'd like to begin by informing the chamber that this is not my first speech. I rise to speak in this long debate on the Higher Education Support Amendment (Job-Ready Graduates and Supporting Regional and Remote Students) Bill 2020. The Greens oppose this bill. 'Nothing is for free,' says Senator Scarr. In that case, maybe we should talk about the stolen land and resources from this country's...”
- Matters of Public Importance: Budget (7 Oct 2020)
“I would like to begin by informing the chamber this is not my first speech. I feel a strong need to rise to speak on this matter today. I have only been in this chamber for one day and I'm immediately reminded of how out of touch this government is with everyday people in this country. It didn't take long for the Morrison government to show its true priorities—the...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 2 debates in the last year — well below average amongst Senators.
- People have made 0 comments on this Senator's speeches — average amongst Senators.
- 0 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Lidia Thorpe speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 2 times in debates — well below average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)