This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Senator Larissa Waters
- Australian Greens Senator for Queensland
- Became a Senator on 1 July 2011 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Larissa Waters speaks (no more than once per day)
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Regulations and Determinations: Social Security (Administration) (Declinable Transactions and BasicsCard Bank Account) Determination 2023; Disallowance (10 May 2023)
“I rise with such pride to follow amazing contributions from my colleagues Senator Janet Rice and Senator Dorinda Cox following the long years of former senator Rachel Siewert's opposition to this punitive, insulting and ineffective cashless debit card, which is what we have before us by another name. The Greens have opposed this paternalistic and, frankly, racist policy ever since it was...”
- Matters of Urgency: Budget (10 May 2023)
“In a cost-of-living crisis, the women in this country demanded and deserved bold action from this new government. Instead, we got more of the same half-measures and more of the spin that we saw in the October budget. One of the most heartbreaking things in the budget last night for me as the Greens spokesperson on women was that the government continues to ignore the calls from front-line...”
- Matters of Public Importance: Budget (9 May 2023)
“What a pathetic motion this is from the LNP. They were in government for nine years, and what happened? Inequality increased, house prices spiralled out of control, the national energy network basically collapsed, and wage stagnation and insecure work became entrenched. And here they are with a motion that boils down to barracking for more cuts to government services and higher interest...”
More of Larissa Waters's recent appearances
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 85 debates in the last year — above average amongst Senators.
- People have made 16 comments on this Senator's speeches — well above average amongst Senators.
- 19 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Larissa Waters speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 714 times in debates — well above average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)
Register of Interests (What's this?)
Larissa Waters's latest interest statementLast updated: 9 Feb 2023