This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Karen Grogan voted on key issues since 2006:
- Has never voted on unconventional gas mining. votes
- Voted consistently for increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted consistently for increasing freedom of political communication. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against increasing accessibility of government data and documents. votes
- Voted consistently for creating a federal Anti-Corruption Commission. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a fast transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy. votes
- Has never voted on increasing investment in the coal industry. votes
- Has never voted on banning new thermal coal mines. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Adjournment: Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (25 Nov 2021)
“I rise to pay my respects and show my support for the charities and not-for-profit sectors that have spent so many years being beaten and harassed by so many successive Liberal-National governments. I commend Senator Patrick and the Senate Standing Committee for the Scrutiny of Delegated Legislation for pursuing disallowance motions on the disgraceful amendments the government posed to the...”
- Questions without Notice: Take Note of Answers: Domestic and Family Violence (25 Nov 2021)
“We've heard a lot today about violence against women, and a lot of statistics. In addition to the unacceptable number of women killed in Australia by a violent partner or ex-partner, many, many more are regularly subjected to sexual violence, physical violence, humiliation and other forms of abuse. We know from domestic violence services around the country that COVID-19 has exacerbated this...”
- Adjournment: Economy (24 Nov 2021)
“After eight long years of Liberal-National government, Australians are finding it harder and harder to make ends meet. We're in the middle of a cost-of-living crisis. Eight years of wage stagnation, skyrocketing private and public debt, and job insecurity have left people struggling to pay for the necessities like food, rent, petrol and utility bills. Last week I was speaking to Amy, a...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 13 debates in the last year — well below average amongst Senators.
- People have made 0 comments on this Senator's speeches — average amongst Senators.
- 0 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Karen Grogan speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 9 times in debates — well below average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)