This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Senator Janet Rice
- Australian Greens Senator for Victoria
- Became a Senator on 1 July 2014 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Janet Rice speaks (no more than once per day)
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Bills: National Reconstruction Fund Corporation Bill 2023; Second Reading (24 Mar 2023)
“I rise to speak in support of the National Reconstruction Fund Corporation Bill 2023, and I wish to associate myself with the remarks of my colleagues, particularly Senator Allman-Payne, who has been the Greens spokesperson on this bill. I commend her and others in the Greens team for their detailed work on this bill and the improvements to this bill that she and the team have been able to...”
- Questions without Notice: Take Note of Answers: Gambling Advertising (23 Mar 2023)
“I move: That the Senate take note of the answer given by the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (Senator Watt) to a question without notice I asked today relating to gambling harm. Frankly, Minister Watt's answers were pathetic—totally pathetic. We have so much harm from gambling that is being experienced by people in this country through losses from gambling. The...”
- Questions without Notice: Gambling Advertising (23 Mar 2023)
“It is time, yes! It's time to refuse donations from gambling companies and the gambling industry. It's the insidious, harmful industry.”
More of Janet Rice's recent appearances
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 83 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Senators.
- People have made 8 comments on this Senator's speeches — well above average amongst Senators.
- 6 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Janet Rice speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 598 times in debates — well above average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)
Register of Interests (What's this?)
Janet Rice's latest interest statementLast updated: 10 Mar 2023