This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Senator Dorinda Cox
- Australian Greens Senator for WA
- Became a Senator on 14 September 2021 — unknown
- Email me whenever Dorinda Cox speaks (no more than once per day)
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Regulations and Determinations: Social Security (Administration) (Declinable Transactions and BasicsCard Bank Account) Determination 2023; Disallowance (10 May 2023)
“I rise to speak in very strong support of my colleague's disallowance motion this evening. I think most of us who have spent some time in this chamber will remember that, under the previous government, when Labor campaigned to abolish the cashless debit card last year in this very place we passed a bill to do exactly that. What the Labor government did not make such a fuss over was that the...”
- Statements by Senators: First Nations Australians (10 May 2023)
“Today I want to use my two minutes to talk about the ongoing Senate inquiry into missing and murdered First Nations women and children, which was first established in 2021. Since its establishment the committee has carefully considered how to move through this process with much care. It's not your average committee inquiry and nor should it be. We have moved slowly so we can take the...”
- Ministerial Statements: Resources Sector (30 Mar 2023)
“I rise to take note of the ministerial statement by the Minister for Resources. The minister opened this statement by saying there are very few bigger global challenges than addressing climate change, and that we will not meet our commitment of net zero without the resources sector. Whilst this is partly true, there's a very significant proportion of the resources sector that have contributed...”
More of Dorinda Cox's recent appearances
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 79 debates in the last year — above average amongst Senators.
- People have made 0 comments on this Senator's speeches — average amongst Senators.
- 2 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Dorinda Cox speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 85 times in debates — below average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)
Register of Interests (What's this?)
Dorinda Cox's latest interest statementLast updated: 16 Mar 2023