This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How David Van voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against increasing protection of Australia's fresh water. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing marine conservation. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly against more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Has never voted on increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly against encouraging Australian-based industry. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing surveillance powers. votes
- Voted very strongly for decreasing ABC and SBS funding. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Questions without Notice: Take Note of Answers: Economy (11 Sep 2019)
“We've heard a lot about jobs in relation to this motion. What the senator should be taking note of is that wages have increased across the economy by 2.3 per cent in the past year. So, while the inflation rate is only 1.6 per cent, wages are going up in very real terms. As the senator should know, wages can only go up when conditions are set that way. And, with the headwinds we're facing, our...”
- First Speech: (10 Sep 2019)
“Mr President and fellow senators, I rise to celebrate my predecessors and colleagues by echoing all who have risen in this chamber to give their first speech, and say it is an honour to be elected to the Senate and to the 46th Parliament. My favourite saying in politics has always been 'the world is run by those who stand up'. So I can say that, after deciding it was my time to stand up for...”
- Questions without Notice: Mental Health: Suicide Prevention (10 Sep 2019)
“Could the minister provide an example of the sorts of programs the government is funding to address this very serious issue?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 5 debates in the last year — well below average amongst Senators.
- People have made 0 comments on this Senator's speeches — average amongst Senators.
- 1 person is tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever David Van speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 3 times in debates — well below average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)