This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Statements by Senators: Domestic and Family Violence (30 Nov 2023)
“This morning, the Deputy Leader of the Opposition, the Hon. Sussan Ley, read a list of 60 names in the other place. These were the names of 60 women and children who have been murdered so far this year at the hands of people they knew—often, intimate partners. This sobering list shows how urgent and how serious it is that we step up our efforts to combat violence against women and...”
- Bills: Australian Citizenship Amendment (Citizenship Repudiation) Bill 2023; Second Reading (30 Nov 2023)
“The Australian Citizenship Amendment (Citizenship Repudiation) Bill 2023 is a significant improvement on the previous version of these laws, which did not respect the separation of powers and the role of the courts in meting out punishment. I believe it is important to protect Australians from terrorist acts by those who have been so radicalised that they seek to harm Australians. Those who...”
- Matters of Urgency: Workplace Safety: Engineered Stone Industry (28 Nov 2023)
“As Senator Barbara Pocock said, on 16 August, Safe Work Australia handed down their unambiguous decision: engineered stone is killing Australians, and these deaths are entirely preventable. What we need is some political will and some political courage to make this happen. The government can and must act now to ban engineered stone in Australia, including a full import ban. It's rather ironic...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 148 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Senators.
- People have made 0 comments on this Senator's speeches — average amongst Senators.
- 5 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever David Pocock speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 164 times in debates — below average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)