This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Bill Heffernan, former Senator
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Questions without Notice: Budget (4 May 2016)
“I do. Opposition senators interjecting— Can you shut up for a minute! My point of order is that in my view—and I think it would be the view of anyone in the public—this chamber is out of order. To think that the crap that is going on here now is being put on by people who are supposed to be running the bloody country!”
- Statements by Senators: Valedictory (4 May 2016)
“It is good to see you in the chamber, Sterlo. This is my last speech. I seek leave to incorporate my first speech into this speech. Leave granted. The speech read as follows— Senator HEFFERNAN(4.53 p.m.)—Thank you, Madam President, for the opportunity to make my first speech to this parliament on a day that, for me, combines family significance with political history. It was on...”
- Governor-General's Speech: Address-in-Reply (19 Apr 2016)
“Mr President, on a point of order, I have just noticed Senator Sam Dastyari with his new haircut come into the chamber, but I am pleased to inform the chamber that, as of my call to him the other day, he now knows what a backload is in transport.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 24 debates in the last year — well below average amongst Senators.
- People have made 1 comment on this Senator's speeches — average amongst Senators.
- 16 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 137 times in debates — below average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)