This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Ben Small voted on key issues since 2006:
- Voted very strongly against a carbon price. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing marine conservation. votes
- Voted very strongly for unconventional gas mining. votes
- Voted very strongly against more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing funding for university education. votes
- Voted very strongly for decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted very strongly for decreasing ABC and SBS funding. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Motions: Rotary Australia (13 May 2021)
“I ask that general business notice of motion No. 1108, relating to Rotary Australia, be taken as formal.”
- Questions without Notice: Take Note of Answers: Budget (12 May 2021)
“I think the Labor Party have jumped ahead a couple of steps, because, when we talk about wage growth in Australia, that obviously implies that someone has a job, and thanks to the economic stewardship of the Morrison government through the most calamitous economic event to beset this nation since the Great Depression, 75,000 more Australians are in work than were in work in March 2020. So I...”
- Bills: Fair Work Amendment (Supporting Australia's Jobs and Economic Recovery) Bill 2021; In Committee (18 Mar 2021)
“Finally, if we're not interested in the right of Australians to convert that employment for the first time, if we're against putting more money in the pockets of Australians through improved agreement-making, if we're somehow against increases in the criminal and civil penalties that apply in instances of wage theft or underpayment—somehow those opposite also find themselves against...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 19 debates in the last year — well below average amongst Senators.
- People have made 0 comments on this Senator's speeches — average amongst Senators.
- 0 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Ben Small speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 13 times in debates — well below average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)