This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Senator Barbara Pocock
- Australian Greens Senator for SA
- Became a Senator on 21 May 2022 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Barbara Pocock speaks (no more than once per day)
Most recent appearances in parliament
- Committees: Work and Care Select Committee; Report (23 Mar 2023)
“Two weeks ago to this day I had the honour of presenting the final report of the Select Committee on Work and Care to the Senate, and since then I've been overwhelmed by the public's response to the report's recommendations, particularly the recommendation for a four-day week trial and the right to disconnect. Australians are increasingly having to juggle work and unpaid care. Many workers...”
- Statements by Senators: Hogan, Ms Michelle Andrea (23 Mar 2023)
“BARBARA POCOCK () (): I rise to remember my friend, union sister and passionate activist Michelle Hogan, who we sadly lost on 8 March. As I speak, the union and women's movements across South Australia are gathering at the Waterside Workers Hall in Port Adelaide to farewell Michelle and celebrate her life. I send my deepest sympathy to Rob, her partner, and to her family and wide circle of...”
- Bills: Workplace Gender Equality Amendment (Closing the Gender Pay Gap) Bill 2023; Second Reading (23 Mar 2023)
“I rise to speak to the Workplace Gender Equality Amendment (Closing the Gender Pay Gap) Bill 2023. I have a very sensible speech written by my wonderful staff about this bill, but I turned 68 yesterday and I'm feeling cranky. In the last two weeks I lost a very dear friend who, like me, has given 40 years to the project of collecting data about the gender pay gap. In my view, there should be...”
More of Barbara Pocock's recent appearances
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 38 debates in the last year — below average amongst Senators.
- People have made 0 comments on this Senator's speeches — average amongst Senators.
- 0 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Barbara Pocock speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 30 times in debates — well below average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)
Register of Interests (What's this?)
Barbara Pocock's latest interest statementLast updated: 24 Aug 2022