This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Matters of Urgency: Workplace Safety: Engineered Stone Industry (28 Nov 2023)
“The Labor government and this parliament must listen to the voices of Australian workers, their families and the experts and immediately ensure a national ban on engineered stone. Australian workers are dying when they cut the engineered stone for our bathrooms and kitchens, and why? Because that stone contains up to 95 per cent silica dust and this silica dust causes silicosis. Silicosis,...”
- Bills: Water Amendment (Restoring Our Rivers) Bill 2023; Second Reading (27 Nov 2023)
“For South Australians, the Murray-Darling River is life. It is our water supply, and without the river so many South Australian citizens would be without a water supply. For three million Australians, drinking water comes from our Murray-Darling system. It is our food bowl. The river is also a centre of community life, up and down the valley. It feeds our towns. It sustains our communities....”
- Statements by Senators: Youth Voice in Parliament Week (15 Nov 2023)
“Today I'm reading out a speech from Senuthi Jayasinghe, a young person from Marryatville High School in the electorate of Sturt in my state of South Australia. This is part of the Raise Our Voice in Parliament campaign, which amplifies the voices of young people and their visions for the future. The speech is titled 'A simpler solution to Australia's gambling problem'. A gambler is someone...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 52 debates in the last year — well below average amongst Senators.
- People have made 0 comments on this Senator's speeches — average amongst Senators.
- 2 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Barbara Pocock speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 58 times in debates — well below average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)