This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
Voting record (from They Vote For You)
How Amanda Stoker voted on key issues since 2006:
- Has never voted on tobacco plain packaging. votes
- Voted very strongly against a carbon price. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing scrutiny of asylum seeker management. votes
- Voted moderately against implementing refugee and protection conventions. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing protection of Australia's fresh water. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing marine conservation. votes
- Voted very strongly for unconventional gas mining. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing investment in renewable energy. votes
- Voted very strongly against more scrutiny of intelligence services & police. votes
- Has never voted on increasing Aboriginal land rights. votes
- Voted moderately for live animal exports. votes
- Voted very strongly for decreasing availability of welfare payments. votes
- Voted moderately against increasing restrictions on gambling. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing fishing restrictions. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing surveillance powers. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing consumer protections. votes
- Voted very strongly against increasing freedom of political communication. votes
- Voted very strongly for decreasing ABC and SBS funding. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Never rebels against their party in this parliament.
- Adjournment: Sex Discrimination Act 1984 (14 Feb 2019)
“Today, tabled in this chamber was the report of the Senate Standing Committee on Legal and Constitutional Affairs dealing with its inquiry into the proposed amendments to the Sex Discrimination Act that came from the Labor Party and also the Greens. I rise to take note of the majority report of that committee, and in doing so I note and incorporate the coalition senators' dissenting report to...”
- Bills: Treasury Laws Amendment (Protecting Your Superannuation Package) Bill 2018; Second Reading (14 Feb 2019)
“I rise to speak in support of the Treasury Laws Amendment (Protecting Your Superannuation Package) Bill 2018. The government has been working tirelessly to ensure that more of the money earned by Australians stays with Australians. That's not surprising, really. Everything this government does is about helping Australians do more with their lives and make more of their own choices with their...”
- Bills: Telecommunications and Other Legislation Amendment (Miscellaneous Amendments) Bill 2019; Second Reading (14 Feb 2019)
“I rise to speak in support of the Telecommunications and Other Legislation Amendment (Miscellaneous Measures) Bill 2019. National security, keeping Australians safe from harm, is the highest priority of every government, but it is a particularly important priority for this government. That's why, on Monday, the Prime Minister spent quite some time outlining our plan for keeping Australians...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 58 debates in the last year — below average amongst Senators.
- People have made 0 comments on this Senator's speeches — average amongst Senators.
- 0 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Amanda Stoker speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 44 times in debates — well below average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)