Wednesday, 2 December 2020
Consideration by Estimates Committees
At the request of Senator Ruston, I move:
(1) That estimates hearings by legislation committees for 2021 be scheduled as follows:
2020-21 additional estimates:
Monday, 22 March and Tuesday, 23 March (Group A)
Wednesday, 24 March and Thursday, 25 March (Group B).
2021-22 Budget estimates:
Monday, 24 May to Thursday, 27 May, and, if required, Friday, 28 May (Group A)
Tuesday, 1 June to Friday, 4 June, and, if required, Friday, 18 June (Group B)
Monday, 25 October and Tuesday, 26 October (supplementary hearings—Group A)
Wednesday, 27 October and Thursday, 28 October (supplementary hearings—Group B).
(2) That cross-portfolio estimates hearings on Indigenous matters and on Murray-Darling Basin Plan matters be scheduled for Friday, 26 March, Friday, 18 June and Friday, 29 October, but not restricted to these days.
(3) That the committees consider the proposed expenditure in accordance with the allocation of departments and agencies to committees agreed to by the Senate.
(4) That committees meet in the following groups:
Environment and Communications
Finance and Public Administration
Legal and Constitutional Affairs
Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport
Education and Employment
Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade.
(5) That the committees report to the Senate on the following dates:
(a) Tuesday, 20 April 2021 in respect of the 2020-21 additional estimates; and
(b) Tuesday, 13 July 2021 in respect of the 2021-22 Budget estimates.
Question agreed to.