Senate debates

Tuesday, 14 August 2012

Questions on Notice

Special Minister of State (Question No. 1846)

Photo of Simon BirminghamSimon Birmingham (SA, Liberal Party, Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for the Murray Darling Basin) Share this | | Hansard source

asked the Minister representing the Special Minister of State, upon notice, on 10 May 2012:

With reference to the electorate office occupied by Senators Farrell, Gallacher, McEwen and Wong:

(1) What is the address of the office.

(2) Who is the owner and landlord of the office.

(3) With whom is the lease agreement held for the office.

(4) On what date did the Commonwealth first enter into a lease agreement for a tenancy at this location, to accommodate the electorate office of this senator or previous senators.

(5) If the office has previously been leased to other senators or members of Parliament, can details be provided as to whom and when.

(6) What is the total annual amount paid (inclusive of rent and any other payments) to the owner or landlord of the office, and how much has been paid in total since the location was first leased as an electorate office.

(7) What is the length of the current lease agreement between the Commonwealth and the owner or landlord of the office, including the date on which the lease will be reappraised or cease.

(8) What is the value of future payments to be made to the owner or landlord of the office for the remainder of the current lease.

(9) On what date was the current lease agreement signed.

(10) What is the size of the office space leased by the Commonwealth.

(11) Have there been any renovations or refurbishments undertaken at the office location since the signing of the lease at the full or partial expense of the Commonwealth; if so, can details be provided of the total costs incurred by the Commonwealth for the renovations or refurbishments.

Photo of Penny WongPenny Wong (SA, Australian Labor Party, Minister for Finance and Deregulation) Share this | | Hansard source

The answer to the honourable senator's question is as follows:

The details requested are provided in a table available from the Senate Table Office.