Tuesday, 13 March 2012
Questions on Notice
Curtin Detention Centre (Question No. 1536)
ask ed the Minister representing the Minister for Home Affairs and Minister for Justice , upon notice , on 6 February 2012:
With reference to the answer to question on notice no. 1432, regarding the incident at the Curtin Immigration Detention Centre on 2 November 2011 resulting in the injury of a female Serco officer:
(1) What is the status of the Australian Federal Police investigation into this matter.
(2) Have the individuals involved in the incident been identified.
(3) What action has or will be taken against those involved in the incident.
The Minister for Home Affairs and Minister for Justice has providedthe following answer to the honourable senator's question:
(1) The investigation is ongoing (active).
(2) As this investigation is ongoing, it is not appropriate to comment further.
(3) As this investigation is ongoing, it is not appropriate to comment further.