Tuesday, 22 June 2010
Transition to Renewable Energy
- That the Senate—
- notes that the Zero Carbon Australia Stationary Energy Plan released by Beyond Zero Emissions and the University of Melbourne shows:
- that it is technically possible for Australia to achieve 100 per cent renewable energy within a decade, and
- that the technologies to achieve this goal, including baseload solar thermal energy with storage, are commercially available today;
- applauds the organisations involved for their vision and efforts; and
- calls on the Australian Government to direct the Department of Resources, Energy and Tourism and the Department of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency to undertake a similar study to examine the potential for a swift transition to 100 per cent renewable energy in Australia.