Thursday, 13 November 2008
White Paper on Global Population
- That the Senate calls on the Government to develop a white paper on population during this period of government which takes into account:
- projections of a global population of between 9 to 10 billion people by 2050;
- the inability of the Earth to provide for 9 to 10 billion people if average resource consumption is to be at current levels in Australia;
- climate change;
- Australia’s inability to host exponential population growth; and
- the wellbeing of future generations and life on Earth.