Wednesday, 15 October 2008
Fair Go for Pensioners Coalition
- That the Senate—
- notes the following statement of claims from the Fair Go for Pensioners Coalition:
- ‘1. That the Federal Government increases the pension rate from 25% of average weekly earnings to 35% of average weekly earnings until a more appropriate pension measure is developed.
- 2. That proper and improved healthcare measures for pensioners are prioritised, including medical, dental, optical, hearing, pharmaceutical and culturally appropriate services.
- 3. That the level of funding for aged care services, including culturally appropriate services, is significantly increased and extended to meet the growing demand in this area.
- 4. That our pensions are not restricted due to overseas travel to visit loved ones.
- 5. That legislation/regulations be enacted to protect older people considering taking out reverse mortgages.
- 6. That a thorough review of the means test and GST impact for pensioners and concessions should be undertaken to ensure that pensioners are not losing out.’; and
- asks the Government to consider it for inclusion in the 2008-09 Budget.