Thursday, 10 May 2007
- That the Senate calls on the Government to inform the Senate by 13 June 2007 on the following matters:
- the number of civilians displaced by the war in Iraq, both internally and externally;
- the circumstances of these Iraqi refugees;
- what aid or assistance is going to the refugees and what component of that aid comes from the Australian Government;
- how many such refugees have been accommodated in Australia and what plans there are to give refuge to more; and
- what calls from the United Nations, the Red Cross or any other international agencies have been made to nations, including Australia, to meet the refugees’ needs.