Tuesday, 27 February 2007
- That the Senate—
- the growing tension between the United States of America (US) and Iran, including the military build-up in the Persian Gulf,
- the indication by US Vice President Dick Cheney, while in Sydney from 22 February to 25 February 2007, that a military strike on Iran is an option, and
- that US intelligence bases in Australia are likely to be used in any military strike on Iran; and
- calls on the Government to:
- support a diplomatic resolution to the crisis, and
- rule out Australian support for a military strike on Iran.