Wednesday, 8 November 2006
International Jewish Solidarity Network
- That the Senate—
- notes the petition organised by the International Jewish Solidarity Network and published in the New York Times in September 2006 that declares:
- As Jews of conscience living in the United States, we are outraged by the violence being perpetrated in our name, both as Jews and US citizens.
- ... There is no Jewish safety, nor Jewish claims to justice, reason, or equity, beyond Jewish commitment to the unconditional safety and liberation of the peoples of Palestine, Lebanon and the other Arab and Muslim countries currently under assault by Israel, the US and its allies.
- We, Jews of Conscience, demand that the US government:
- Require Israel to stop its brutal siege on Gaza and on Lebanon and call for an unconditional cease fire.
- Require Israel to stop the expansion of the Israeli Wall of Separation, dismantle the completed sections, and completely withdraw from Gaza, the West Bank and East Jerusalem.
- Support the United Nations resolutions demanding that Israel uphold international law and support the sanctions against Israel necessary to enforce these resolutions.
- End military and economic aid to Israel.
- Support reparations for the Palestinian and Lebanese people for the death and destruction they have suffered and for aid towards the rebuilding of their countries; and
- encourages the Government to support the demands of the petition.